As I'm here at work I'm listening to They Might Be Giants and in particular the song "I Palindrome I" isn't it odd that the word Palindrome, which describes a word that can be spelt the same way backwards and forwards such as "wow or peep", is not a Palindrome itself. I suggest the new word to be Pallap.

Function: noun
Pronunciation: (pal-LAP)
Date: circa 2003
a word, verse, or sentence (as "Able was I ere I saw Elba") or a number (as 1881) that reads the same backward or forward.

Palindrome which has the same meaning as the new pallap, but unlike pallap which is a word for a new generation, Palindrome was first noticed in 1629. Who speaks like that anymore? Palindrome is a word that is pre-America! Anyone who uses it is as unAmerican as Ferdinand II of Hungary or Charles I of England!

Pallap is the forward and backwards word of a new age in American culture!!!

No comments: